Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe
No one can deny the fact that Sicilians are well known for their delicious ice cream and ricotta based desserts. Well here’s a Sicilian ricotta cheesecake topped with some forest berries.
- 1kg fresh ricotta
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Beat ricotta until smooth trying to remove as many lumps as possible.
- A stand mixer fitted with the beating attachment will make this an easier process.
- Add eggs one at a time while beating.
- Add sugar, flour, vanilla essence
- beat until well combined.
- Fold through zest and cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared spring form tin (10 inch)
- bake on 150C for 90 mins or until the centre is firm and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Keep refrigerated once cool until serving.Top with fresh berries and dust with icing sugar.
I really hope you like this recipe, and that you share some pieces with your loved ones. A sweet treat can always put a smile on our face.
🐨 Recipe by Joan Caligari – Australian born with a Maltese and French heritage!